Real Earth is obsolete; in its stead, a new and improved script resides under a new and improved moniker, Dot Earth Defender. Go there instead please.
This is Real Earth - the reality based comment filtration Greasemonkey script for
Dot Earth comments.
Version 2 features (in addition to v.1 features) -
* Rudimentary comment threading (orig. comment tries to link to replies and vice versa);
* Trusted users can recommend/unrecommend comments.
* Tested with Firefox 3.
Version 1 features -
* It displays the commenter's name at TOP of their comment;
* It shrinks the comments of some known deniers.
* It is VERY raw; please don't try to install it yet if you aren't familiar with FF and Greasemonkey.
First download and install Firefox.
Then get the Greasemonkey add-on (which you'll be able to toggle on&off, from the monkey head at lower right of browser window); restart Firefox.
1. If you have v1 of Real Earth, delete or disable it. (Tools - Greasemonkey - Manage User Scripts)
2. Get the current Real Earth script (v2 is at
http://warming101.com/realearth/realearth2.user.js - right-click on this link, choose View User Script Source, then from that page,
Tools - Greasemonkey - Install User Script.
(WARNING, use this script at your own risk etc. It is worth every penny you paid for it.)
May it serve you well.
Anna Haynes - June 22, 2008
p.s. comments can go to warming101.blogspot.com